Why Plain Sneakers Should be in Everybody's Closet




Despite my feminine, preppy style, sneakers are my go-to shoes. This is the case for many teenager girls my age; sneakers are more comfortable and sensible for long days at school. But sneakers aren't just for teens looks to be comfortable. Despite some's beliefs, sneakers can be cute. I mean, sneakers aren't some of my favorite shoes because they're comfortable. It's because a good, stylish pair of sneakers go with basically anything. Jeans? Of course. Leggings? Always! A dress or skirt? You better believe it! Today I tired out a challenge from"Merrick's Art" Get Dressed With Merrick Challenge. The outfit prompt this week was to create an outfit with a skirt or dress and sneakers. This challenge + the results are a perfect example of how great sneakers can be paired with anything.




My white converse are a great example of stylish sneakers. They're perfect to wear almost any day since you can wear them for both long walks and every day wear! These shoes (shown above) are one of my favorite pairs of shoes. I would definitely recommend!






Another great pair of basic sneakers are these gingham Tretorns. I got them from Nordstrom about a year ago and I still love to wear them. They work best with a basic pair of pants and a solid top or blouse. I would say these shoes are more comfortable and flexible than the converse, but because they are patterned they work best with a solid top and pants.


As you have probably noticed, my go-to sneakers are not colorful. This is because I find sneakers in bright or neon colors often attract attention to the wrong place. Unless thoughtfully planned out, I often see colorful sneakers being too bright in outfits and attracting too much attention to shoes. So unless you have found a great way to style colorful sneakers, I would recommend having a basic shoe that you know will go with almost anything.



Below are some more basic shoes that will go with many outfits:
  • These black sneakers from Target can easily work in many outfits and have an extra white stripe that are just a fun extra detail. As if that isn't good enough, they're less than $20!
  • Loving the look of these basic canvas sneakers from Target. They come in grey, white, and black, and are under $20! I bet these would be a great pair of shoes to have around for those days you need a good sneaker to match your outfit.
  • If you want a little color, these dusty pink high-tops from Target are just for you. These would probably be a great pair if you want something less basic than a black, white, or grey sneaker. They're under $30, too!
Now go out and show off your new shoes! 

Comments

Popular Posts